Thursday, July 8, 2010

About myself.


I know how much all eight (8) of my readers enjoy creations from my childhood, so I am once again opening the vault.

"About Myself" was written circa 4th grade and is a telling piece offering insight into the psyche that is, Jenny B.

(Additional commentary in red)




(I'm picking up on a theme of balls and mammals here)

My name is: Jenny Bulgrin (done. bring it)
Today I feel: hot but I'm happy (not dissimilar to the present)
Something special about me is: I smile a lot
My father always: take my family places (very vague, yet intriguing)
I'd rather: be playing than: at school (you asked)
I like teachers that: are nice (not falling into that trap!)
My favorite place to be is: Wisconsin Dells (minimal travel up to this point)
Something that bothers me is: nothing (untrue)
At our house we: play games before we go to bed (like "empty the dishwasher", "make your lunch"...)
Before I go to bed I like to: read (I am a busy little bee before bed)
When I'm alone: I practice baseball or soccer (Hard to do alone, I would imagine)
The most important people in the world are: my family (I had actually crossed out and replaced "person" with "people" and "is" with "are". I am nothing, if not fair)
I wish I could: go to France
Sometimes I like to: watch TV
I think school should be a place where: we have fun (hope you're taking notes)
I feel nervous when: there is a test (also, when you make me fill out these silly questionnaires)
I wish people wouldn't: give me homework (that's meant for you, teach. passive aggressive. classic)
It makes me angry when: I can't go somewhere (this includes: recess, the bathroom and France)
Better than anything, I like to: ride my bike (option b: not get homework)
I really get angry when: my brother is being weird (still true. also, lots of questions re: anger. profile much?)
I feel proud when: my mom and dad compliment me (what can I say, I am the oldest child)
This year, I hope: to get all A's (cleary with minimal effort i.e. no tests, less homework)
One thing I'd like to know about the teacher is: nothing (ha. take that. now, perhaps if you didn't give me tests...)
One thing I'd like the teacher to know about me is: nothing (haven't you pried enough?!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, still get the A even with the dissent in participation at the end. Excellent work Jenny.
    We came across a similar worksheet/packet my brother had done in second grade. "This is what really bugs me: My little sister because she is always on my case" I was 4 at the time. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha games like emptying the dishwasher! Cracks me up, just like my family. They get out of washing up, why can't they empty the damn thing?!

    ReplyDelete