Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Early Works.




I have opened the vault on this lovely Wednesday to share with you a Jenny B original.

I'll call it the "Early Works". Or more fittingly, I'll reference it by the title I gave it in 4th grade.
"The School's Alien"

The cover to my story:





Yes, I designed/created/glued it.
No, against "popular" speculation, it is not a self-portrait.

Inside cover:




My favorite? That I signed the back of the cover. You just never know when those go missing. Close second - that I divided a four page story into four parts. Genius.


Selected passages:
"We got to go out for recess. The alien was following me the whole time. We went inside. The alien was waiting by the window." (Part I: The School's Alien)

***
"The next morning at school the alien wasn't there. It seemed to have left. I asked if I could go outside and find the ring I dropped, even though I don't wear rings (author's note: this does not apply to VERY LARGE diamonds in case any of my seven readers were considering the gesture). When I got outside there was no sign of the alien. So I went back inside. The teacher asked 'Did you find your ring?' I said 'No'." (this was actually not so much a passage as all of Part II: The Alien Left)
***
"I was so happy that the alien left. When I got to school I smelled something unusual. Then I saw something behing the bushes. It was the alien. I ran into the school as fast as I could. Then I turned around and the alien had his back turned and was doing something. He turned around. He had a bomb in his hand. He threw it on the school." (again, the text is just too rich too condense at this point. I hope you enjoyed all of Part III: The Alien Returns)
***
"The Dream: I sat-up straight. Wow some dream!" (Part IV: (aptly titled) The Dream)
***
Teacher review:




Thank you Mrs. Rozack for the kind words. And for not having me arrested.

1 comment:

  1. read this as i was eating dinner. laughed aloud a several times. immediately thereafter, jesse went to your blog to see what the fuss was all about. more laughter ensued. i hope there are more stories / anecdotes from your vault of "early works".

    ReplyDelete